PROCESSING OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Under the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) we control and process personal information about you electronically.
Lawful basis: Consent
- The reason we use this basis: You gave us consent to use your data when you bought or negotiated to buy a book from this website, or when you signed up for the Sue Denver author newsletter — in return for receiving a free story.
- We process your information in the following ways: To send you a book and keep you updated with special offers and news about my books.
- We will continue to process your information until you unsubscribe from the mailing list or six years after you do business with this site.
- We do not share your information with third parties, except as needed for ordinary business uses, such as newsletter distribution through ConvertKit. Your website activity (pages visited, time on site) is also recorded through Google Analytics and SiteGround (our website host).
Lawful basis: Legal obligation
- The reason we use this basis: To conduct ordinary business and promotions of novels.
- We process your information in the following ways: We maintain and store data for purposes of marketing and remarketing.
- Data retention period: Six years
- Sharing your information: We do not sell or rent out your personal information to other companies. We share your personal information with only those third parties needed to conduct ordinary business, including ConvertKit (a mailing list software company) as well as WooCommerce and payment companies such as Stripe and Pay Pal.
- If, as determined by us, the lawful basis upon which we process your personal information changes, we will notify you about the change and any new lawful basis to be used if required. We shall stop processing your personal information if the lawful basis used is no longer relevant.
Under the GDPR your rights are as follows.
- the right to be informed;
- the right of access;
- the right to rectification;
- the right to erasure;
- the right to restrict processing;
- the right to data portability;
- the right to object; and
- the right not to be subject to automated decision-making including profiling.
Some cookies will be saved for specific time periods, where others may last indefinitely. Your web browser should provide you with the controls to manage and delete cookies from your device. Please check out your web browser options.
DATA SECURITY AND PROTECTION
We ensure the security of any personal information we hold by using secure data storage. Our storage is managed and accessed through SiteGround.
We use the following companies to manage data: ConvertKit, Facebook, Google Analytics, SiteGround, and WooCommerce.
SPONSORED LINKS, AFFILIATE TRACKING & COMMISSIONS
At this time we do not use sponsored links, affiliate tracking, or commissions.
EMAIL MARKETING MESSAGES & SUBSCRIPTION
Under the GDPR we use the consent lawful basis for anyone subscribing to our newsletter or marketing mailing list. We only collect certain data about you, as detailed in the “Processing of your personal data” above. Any email marketing messages we send are done so through ConvertKit.
- Your First Name
- Email address
- I.P address
- Subscription time & date
- Open data and activity
You can opt out of receiving emails or ask to see the data we hold for you, or request we remove your data at any time by the following methods:
- Unsubscribe at the bottom of any email from us
- Contact us at SueDenver@wolflady.net